Who We Are
Janney has a history of financial strength and maintains an environment of trust and accountability.
Janney's story traces back to 1832, boasting a strong equity capital base and a time-tested history of financial stability. Since 1982, Janney has enjoyed a strong and stable position as an independently operated subsidiary of The Penn Mutual Life Insurance Company. Both Janney and Penn Mutual have conservative operating models which, combined with an unbroken string of profitable years, empowers us to uphold our commitment to Financial Advisors and their clients. We operate our business privately, securely, and successfully, and continue to invest in our robust platform.
Consecutive Quarters of Operating Profitability
* Client Satisfaction: 2018 Janney Client Survey; Client Retention: 2016 PriceMetrix Study
Expert Accessibility and Personal Relationships
"The people at Janney know me and my business. Everyone here makes a difference and that's what separates Janney from other firms."
– Gerald Scheinker, Executive Vice President, formerly with Smith Barney
Turbulent Market Cycles Can and Will be Weathered
Deliver with Integrity
Keep People at the Center
Drive for Results
Our Parent Company
Janney and our parent company, The Penn Mutual Life Insurance Company, share a partnership more than 36 years strong. This partnership is anchored in the belief that client needs are first and foremost. Penn Mutual believes strongly that its success depends on its ability to forge and maintain strong, lasting relationships through financial professions who deliver personal care and attention, trusted insight, and relevant solutions for their clients.
- A.M. Best, A+ (Superior), Effective March 2018
- Moody's Investors Service, Aa3 (Excellent), Effective May 2018 (a rating which has been unchanged for over a decade)
- Standard & Poor's, A+ (Strong), Effective December 2018